The West End General Store had a close call this morning as owner Danny Hyde attempted to thaw a frozen water pipe.
"I was trying to thaw the pipe and thought I saw a spark in the insulation,"
Hyde said. He said he took immediate action to extinguish it and then called 911 just in case.
It was late morning when firefighters from Jasper, Grandview and Pickens County responded to the call. Upon arrival the fire was out and they were unable to locate any further danger per Pickens County Fire Chief Bob Howard.
The store is located at 2881 Jerusalem Church Road.