• Wanted Man and Missing Child

    Jasper, GA – On August 25, The Pickens County Sheriff’s Office sent out the following statement, Pickens Sheriff’s Office needs your help to locate 9 year old Skylar Hunter and her father, William Hunter. William is wanted for Aggravated Assault and Skylar is believed to be in extreme danger. They were last seen in the […]

    Read More »
  • 2017 Municipal General Election Candidates

    Qualifying Candidates for the 2017 Municipal General Election for The City of Jasper, City Council is Ryan O’Dea, Anne Sneve (Incumbent), Doug Patterson, and Sonny Proctor (Incumbent). October 10 will be the last day to register to vote in this years Municipal General Election. Advanced voting will be held October 16 to November 3, Monday […]

    Read More »
  • Mountain Laurel Academy Begins September 5

    Jasper, GA – Mountain Laurel Academy (MLA)  is a new, non-traditional learning center offering access to challenging academics for students from middle school to high school. MLA is a non-traditional learning center, where students study at the center 60% of their academic week with the remaining 40% of the time in home study. Students are […]

    Read More »
  • Pickens County Prepares For Hurricane Irma

    As Hurricane Irma enters Florida late Saturday, Pickens County is preparing for the possible impact on the community and surrounding areas. According to The Pickens Sheriff’s Office, the earliest estimated time we can expect to see increased wind speed would be Monday morning. Sustained wind speeds are currently estimated to be 30-35 mph with gusts […]

    Read More »
  • Jasper City Police Seeking Information

    case# 17-08-6850 Lieutenant Matt Dawkins is seeking information regarding the identity of the below depicted female subject regarding, leaving scene of accident at local establishment on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 11:45hrs. If you know the identity of the female subject depicted here: Please contact Lieutenant Matt Dawkins.   Any information is greatly appreciated. Contact […]

    Read More »
  • Pickens and Gilmer Water Agreement

    At this month’s Board of Commissioners meeting, members discussed the Gilmer Water Agreement. Currently, Pickens County is running a new water line up Jones Road while setting new meters. Gilmer County’s Water Department would like to run their own line from Clear Creek Road to Jones Road. As the pipes connect, the agreement will allow […]

    Read More »
  • Georgia Marble Festival 5K/Mile Details

    Jasper, GA – Registration has begun for the Georgia Marble Festival 5K/Mile. The Road Race is sponsored by the Jasper United Methodist Women. Proceeds will fund the ministries of the Dorcas Circle. The 5K will begin Saturday, October 7, at 8:00 A.M. with the one mile beginning at 9:00 A.M. Awards in the 5K will […]

    Read More »
  • Ground Breaking For Moss Fire Department

    Jasper, GA – Early Friday, August 18, citizens and county officials gathered for the groundbreaking ceremony of Moss Fire Department, Pickens County’s twelfth fire station. The station has been named after the Moss family, who offered to sell two acres of their property on Carlan Road to the county for the fire building.   County […]

    Read More »
  • FetchYourNews.com - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

    News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation

    Search

    FetchYourNews.com - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700 chief@FetchYourNews.com

    Back to Top